[SOLVED] %refresh%

wolfhors3

Reputable
Apr 29, 2020
So I have a guy telling me that using this command %refresh% in the C prompt will erase data that has been saved and built up over time and slows down your computer. Anyone know what he's talking about or ever heard of this? Supossedly this data is left whenever you install delete etc and over time it's builds up. Now I don't want to say he doesn't know what he's talking about, although that is my first guess, but there is a slight language barrier so I may be misunderstanding what he's telling me and he's not usually FoS.

Solution
He's either BSing, or is mistaken, or has something running on his system that does something with custom environmental variables (that a huge stretch).
There isn't even an environmental variable called %refresh% in the base Windows system.
He's either BSing, or is mistaken, or has something running on his system that does something with custom environmental variables (that a huge stretch).
There isn't even an environmental variable called %refresh% in the base Windows system.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS