Info refurbished computer need more memoy

Mar 13, 2019
Bought refurbished Dell Optiplex 330 with intel pentium dual CPU E2160 with 32 bits . Windows 10 home 64 bit was installed as an upgrade Problem: there is still only 4G RAM installed and this is not working so good with photoshop elements 2018. Original RAM capacity was 4G. Question: Since I now have 64 bit system can I install more memory say 8 or 16G Will the rest of the old computer support this and if so what would you suggest? Are the memory cards fairly universal or " case specific" ? I did add RAM to a different desktop years ago so I can do the labor. When I look up RAM for the Dell model I only find 1 and 2G available since that was the original max capacity

Mar 13, 2019
Is Max RAM still 4G even though I am now Win10 and 64bit ? I am wondering if I can increase to 8G. Is the RAM capacity determined by the operating system or by the slots in the old motherboard ? Thankyou

Mar 13, 2019
Dang So I take it my desktop is and will be totally useless for photoshop or anything other than e-mail basically. Is there a way to upgrade the hardware ( I guess you mean motherboard) or is it more cost effective to buy another tower and trash the loser Thanks again

May 3, 2019
You absolutley can upgrade to 8gb. I have. Just make sure of the following:

Your bios is upgraded to the latest version
You have windows 10 64bit and a 64bit processor
Make sure you order two sticks of 4gb and that its the right type of ram

TRENDING THREADS