Refurbished graphic card worth it?

d.sichinava

Prominent
Jan 5, 2019
So i bought msi 1080ti gaming x.
It used to have 2 wing and 4 wing on each coller collapsed and later on it was attached to fan by glue. Fan works perfectly no sound. Also graphic card was "open"( dont know exectly how to discribe it better) to change some kind of temp. liquid( i guess u understand it). This card was never used for mining. Today it runs with no issue about noise and heat is around 60-75 when playing games.
Price 340$.
So here are my questions:
What kind of problems shall i encounter.
Is "opened" graphic card a big deal?
Should i be worried? Becauss card runs peefectly but its even barely 1 day i got it.

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
It shouldn't be a problem, liquid metal thermal paste is much better for cooling than the factory installed paste. Play some graphically intense games, put the settings to Ultra and see if the card has any issues.

d.sichinava

Prominent
Jan 5, 2019

i did that test but works perfectly max 70-75, but there is one fact. usually thermal paste is used if old one f**ked up. old can be f**ked up if card is over used, or repaired or overheated. what do u think about it

Wiping the dust out of those fans and heatsinks and re-applying the thermal paste is usually what they do when it is come to the word refurbished.
Unless there's a huge problem on the boad.. it's a kind risk buying a used one. but if you lucky enough to get one of those heavily used but not damaged type of a card then it will not be a big problem.

d.sichinava

Prominent
Jan 5, 2019

i have no idea what they used. mb just liquid worth 30$