[SOLVED] Refurbished office computer as a streaming computer

sparkey6

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2012
Hi,

Little backstory. I live in Japan at the moment with mt girlfriend. Shes been streaming for a while and has now bought an Elgato hd60s capture card for the PS4.
Im looking into getting an old office computer, hp ProDesk 600 G1 SFF Core i7-4790 3.6GHz.

heres where my question is. This computer has an i7 4790 CPU, but the CPU socket is a Q85 express. Is there a differnece between the i7 in a bussiness style computer like this, and the consumer one that you would buy seperately?

The system only costs around $200 in Japanese Yen, and the Elgato capture card only requires a 4th gen i5 or better cpu with on-board graphics to work.
So if this system is the same it would be the perfect fit and price but seems abit to good to be true.

Thanks in advance for any info on the subject

Yours sincerely
Michael

Solution
No, they're the same. But I would be wary of drivers for the board and other bits, hp drivers can be quite fickle/hard to find sometimes.

Also, this is the 4790 non-k version, this one goes for far less then a 4790k, so $200 doesn't seem THAT low, maybe $50 less then usual.
No, they're the same. But I would be wary of drivers for the board and other bits, hp drivers can be quite fickle/hard to find sometimes.

Also, this is the 4790 non-k version, this one goes for far less then a 4790k, so $200 doesn't seem THAT low, maybe $50 less then usual.

Solution