regarding antivirus 1232

rajamacafee

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
dear admin and MacAfee staff

I have purchaged a hp i3 5th gen laptop on Monday 30 june... from reliance digital store lucknow.... the salesman told me that in my lapy there is antivirus protection of MacAfee for 1 month..... but this is totally wrong. my protection has expired already in may15... so please give me the right suggestion. see this is a type of wrong promise......

johkell

Reputable
May 8, 2015
It matters not my good man. I had a month trial with my laptop when I first bought it, and the first thing I did was uninstall it and install a more lightweight antivirus. Avira or AVG I found worked well, but different peeps have their own opinions. (as they will with mcafee, I'm sure some find it fine.)

If you are to do this, you will have to go to mcafees site and use MCPR tool (mcafee consumer product removal) to uninstall it completely as if you just uninstall it via control panel, it won't actually uninstall it 100%. https://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Hope this is of some benefit to you, even though it doesn't address the question that you actually asked. If it has expired it seems it was already activated (I assume it wasn't you?) This would account for it expiring early.
If in fact you did activate it yourself after the purchase, contact mcafee and/or the store.