[SOLVED] Regarding display resolutions & 1440p ?

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Ok so at somepoint I might consider getting atleast a 27 or 32 inch monitor. Thing is my graphics card is Zotac 1050 TI mini and I'm not sure if that can support 1440p. Will the graphic card struggle to output the display in 1440p? And is there a method that I can stretch the 1080 resolution as 1440p without the black bars if at all it ends up like that?

Solution
stretching a resolution that the game was not designed to run at, the graphics will be pixelated and I think QHD is something that stretches it while not pixelating the graphics.
if the game doesn't offer higher resolutions the monitor won't run them. As far as I know you can't run a game at a higher res than it was designed for.

I expect your game playing experience won't change. If you play at 1080p it shouldn't have black screens.
QHD has more pixels to throw around so it just makes pictures more detailed in most cases. in some games it will give you more picture, it depends how game is coded , but it shouldn't stretch the pictures. In an old game I have, it doesn't add more detail to the characters, it just means you can...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you mean in games or in general?

The GPU should be able to run 1440p monitor in normal operation
As for in games, it probably can but it won't have a very fast refresh rate and high settings at same time. If you willing to reduce settings you can get high refresh rate.

I have a RTX 2070 Super with a 1440p monitor that can run at 144fps on desktop, but in games the best refresh rate I am likely to see is 100 at high settings. I haven't tested it myself

not sure about stretching picture.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Do you mean in games or in general?

Both.

Like will I be able to play games still regardless of the 27 inch monitor? I recall long back that there was some sort of thing that when stretching a resolution that the game was not designed to run at, the graphics will be pixelated and I think QHD is something that stretches it while not pixelating the graphics. I could be wrong but I recall something like that being mentioned.

Colif

Win 11 Master
stretching a resolution that the game was not designed to run at, the graphics will be pixelated and I think QHD is something that stretches it while not pixelating the graphics.
if the game doesn't offer higher resolutions the monitor won't run them. As far as I know you can't run a game at a higher res than it was designed for.

I expect your game playing experience won't change. If you play at 1080p it shouldn't have black screens.
QHD has more pixels to throw around so it just makes pictures more detailed in most cases. in some games it will give you more picture, it depends how game is coded , but it shouldn't stretch the pictures. In an old game I have, it doesn't add more detail to the characters, it just means you can see more around them.

Solution