[SOLVED] Regarding Fan noise and fps drops.

Prinkal_1

Reputable
Sep 7, 2016
Hi,

I have this config.

Proc - Ryzen 5 3600X ( 4.4 Ghz )
Mobo - Asrock B450 Steel Legend
SSD - Samsung EVO 850 - 250 GB
HDD - WD Green 2TB & WD BLUE 2TB
GPU - GALAX RTX 2060
RAM - Adata Spec D80 Liquid cooled 8x2 16 GB ( 3200 mhz )
Cooler - Corsair H80i v2
SMPS - Corsair RM 750
Cabinet - Coolermaster MB511 RGB
Monitor - MSI Optix G241 144 hz
OS - Windows 10 Pro ( 64B )

I have 3 exhaust fan in front and 2 upper of case.

The problem is cpu fan goes really loud while i open cs go game, first of i am not getting 200+ fps and i am also facing fps drops like 150 to 80.

Its sad that i build this whole pc for csgo game, and m unable to get respective fps.

plus i have tried to monitor temps about cpu and gpu, cpu never get 60 and GPU never gets 61. So can you help me in this ? what should i changed ? First i had doubt that i had fauly RTX 2060 so i replaced with new one still having same issue.

Solution
No, if you have a 240mm radiator that should be enough. Have you checked your fan curve in BIOS and which header are the two fans connected to? The 3600x should do you just fine for CSGO.
Does that radiator only have 1 x 120mm rad and fan? That might be why it's making a lot of noise, it's struggling to keep the chip cool. I'd probably advise at least a 240mm AIO for that chip.

In this instance, you could try adjusting the fan curve so that it doesn't really kick in until about 60c, that might help. Your temps will increase, but the values you've given suggest you have a bit of headroom in that respect.

Prinkal_1

Reputable
Sep 7, 2016
Does that radiator only have 1 x 120mm rad and fan? That might be why it's making a lot of noise, it's struggling to keep the chip cool. I'd probably advise at least a 240mm AIO for that chip.

In this instance, you could try adjusting the fan curve so that it doesn't really kick in until about 60c, that might help. Your temps will increase, but the values you've given suggest you have a bit of headroom in that respect.

Thanks for replying. i have 2 x 120 mm fans ( Corsair H80i V2 ) do i have to change AIO to 360 mm ? i am really struggling with fps drops in csgo. I was thinking about getting i7 10700K for gaming purpose because this 3600x does not serve my purpose.