Question Regarding my Office 2021 installation on Windows

May 25, 2024
Hi,
I have Microsoft Office 2021 installed on my laptop, actually my laptop came with office 2021. So, now the office is linked with my microsoft account, so when ever it says if i want to activate it just says to log into microsoft acc on a Office app and then its activated.
So if this is the case, if i get a new PC replacing my laptop, then i install office on new PC and log into my account, will it be activated too?
So basically is it transferable?
Thank you

May 25, 2024
Probably, yes.
Ohh!
thanks again for your answer!
It feels kinda wrong but yeah i mean if its transferable than its good.

I had one more doubt lol,
Uptil this point I had windows 11 home, and then I used a windows 11 Pro Generic key to turn it into windows 11 Pro, so this was insane, and also once i had no activation on my old PC, and then i just used a Generic win 10 key and it boom activated, so can you plz explain to me in detail how does generic keys work?
And dont they defeat the purpose of buying a legit key for insane price of $100+

Thanks a lot for your help !
Im new to these forums so sorry for any inconvenince lol
:D

USAFRet

Titan
Ohh!
thanks again for your answer!
It feels kinda wrong but yeah i mean if its transferable than its good.

I had one more doubt lol,
Uptil this point I had windows 11 home, and then I used a windows 11 Pro Generic key to turn it into windows 11 Pro, so this was insane, and also once i had no activation on my old PC, and then i just used a Generic win 10 key and it boom activated, so can you plz explain to me in detail how does generic keys work?
And dont they defeat the purpose of buying a legit key for insane price of $100+

Thanks a lot for your help !
Im new to these forums so sorry for any inconvenince lol
:D
Generally, a Win 10/11 license is linked to you, not necessarily the license key you entered.

But, a 'generic key' may become unactivated after while.