Question Regarding RAM Issue With GA-A320M-S2H

Arman Chermakyan

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am currently having an issue with my RAM and my motherboard. Let me start off with my overall computer specs as I have listed below.

My specs;
Motherboard: GA-A320M-S2H
Graphics Card: GTX 1050TI
RAM: 8GB 1R*8 PC4 3000 16-18-18-36 HP V6 DDR4 (x2)
Processor: Ryzen 7 2700x
Drives: 500GB SSD & 1TB HDD
PSU: 500 Watt Power Supply

The issue that I am having is that when I have fully inserted my two 8GB of RAM into each slot, my system only displays it as one. I know by a means that not one of my RAM sticks are damaged in any way, shape or form as I have done a few tests. The first test that I have done was that I would replace my new Ryzen 7 processor with my old Ryzen 3 1200 processor. From this test, my computer was able to fully detect that I have 16GB of total RAM installed. I have also tried testing each RAM stick individually and both would work fine on either slot. With my Ryzen 7 processor installed, when I went into BIOS, it would display that I do have all RAM sticks fully inserted, though my computer is unable to recognize that I have 16GB therefore it only displays 8GB.
After these tests I am at the conclusion that either my motherboard is damaged, and or it is too weak to handle 16GB of RAM with a high end processor.
If my conclusion is false, can you please explain why my motherboard is behaving this way?

I will greatly and respectively appreciate any feedback!

Hello everyone,

I am currently having an issue with my RAM and my motherboard. Let me start off with my overall computer specs as I have listed below.

My specs;

The issue that I am having is that when I have fully inserted my two 8GB of RAM into each slot, my system only displays it as one. I know by a means that not one of my RAM sticks are damaged in any way, shape or form as I have done a few tests. The first test that I have done was that I would replace my new Ryzen 7 processor with my old Ryzen 3 1200 processor. From this test, my computer was able to fully detect that I have 16GB of total RAM installed. I have also tried testing each RAM stick individually and both would work fine on either slot. With my Ryzen 7 processor installed, when I went into BIOS, it would display that I do have all RAM sticks fully inserted, though my computer is unable to recognize that I have 16GB therefore it only displays 8GB.
After these tests I am at the conclusion that either my motherboard is damaged, and or it is too weak to handle 16GB of RAM with a high end processor.
If my conclusion is false, can you please explain why my motherboard is behaving this way?

Hello there!
I dont think that your mobo is damaged ive seen many such post here in Toms Hardware search for them youll find a solution i am not so familiar with the process but id like to ask if you have reset your bios? If not remove the CMOS coin for 10mins and boot again with both the rams installed.

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

My specs;

Which bios version you have installed.
if its rev1.x try f32 or f41 bios.

Arman Chermakyan

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
Which bios version you have installed.
if its rev1.x try f32 or f41 bios.

Hello there!

I have installed BIOS version F50, however, this update was from two years ago in 2019, so, I don't know if that either means that my motherboard needs another update or what not. I am also running on the latest version of Windows 10 Home as I am frequently updating my operating system.
I could do another update to my motherboard's BIOS, however, I am in the fear of bricking my motherboard to the point where there's no turning back.

Thank you for the feedback!

Last edited:

Arman Chermakyan

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
Hello there!
I dont think that your mobo is damaged ive seen many such post here in Toms Hardware search for them youll find a solution i am not so familiar with the process but id like to ask if you have reset your bios? If not remove the CMOS coin for 10mins and boot again with both the rams installed.

Greetings!

I am currently running on BIOS version F50 as I have rebooted my operating system many times, though I have never rebooted my motherboard since I'm not too tech savvy with computers and don't want to run into any further issue's than those that currently exist.

Thank you for your reply!