regarding range of router's antenna to cover whole area of 2 houses.

Dhruti

Commendable
May 6, 2016
regarding range of router's antenna so that me and my friend's place will be completely covered with the wifi. me and my friend are going to share wifi. i live on ground floor and she lives on 2nd floor in the flat next to my flat. how many antennas' router will be required to cover the whole distance?

Number of antenna are not really related to range they are more used to transmit overlapping signals to increase bandwidth.

How far a router will go is mostly dependent on the building construction. Brick or cement walls or floors greatly reduce the distance. The router is also only 1/2 the issue. You could have a router that transmit at max power but the end device may not so the signal will not get back to the router.

On top of all this what limits distance lately is actually too much radio power from everyone elses wifi. When you live in area with lots of other people fairly close all using wireless the signals interfere. This greatly reduces the range because your signal must also be strong enough to be heard above all the other garbage.

Pretty much any of the major brand name routers will have the same basic coverage. Since you need wall penetration you likely will not be able to use the 802.11ac stuff because it only runs on 5g and that is more easily blocked.

Pretty much you are just going to have to try some things and see if you can make it work. There is no way to predict this.