RajTheGeek

Commendable
Aug 12, 2020
HI folks,
I'm building a new system first time. Here's my specs:

Ryzen 3 3100
2 8GB Corsair ddr4 3000mhz RAM
MSI TOMAHAWK MAX (Its a bit expensive compared to what cpu I'm using but it seems durable and there were no good b450 motherboards in stock in India. Still let me know your thoughts)
Corsair CX550 80+ Bronze
I have an old gpu Asus GTX 750 Ti OC edition (I know its old but I'm waiting for new gpus to come rather than rushing into buying new one. 750 ti seems to satisfy my needs for now)

• will the stock cooler come with pre-applied thermal paste? And after some usage, approx when should I manually apply thermal paste?
  • Let me know any suggestions you have regarding my specs. And for gpu If i were to buy new one my budget is around $150, needs one which will be long-lasting for gaming and doesn't take much load on my psu(150W max).

Thanks.

Solution
Yes I agree with 3300X but here in India components are very pricey at least 20% more. Here 3300X costs around $50 more than 3100. Also I'm kinda low in a budget let's say around $500-$600 so I bought these components except for gpu. So my budget without gpu already gone more than $500(Something should be done about this I think.)

Also I have bought these:
Case: http://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-k501l/
SSD: Crucial BX500 240GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD
HDD: seagate barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM

- Will this my system have any heating issues or stability issues at all? Should I do anything else?
Your system should be fine, in temps and stability.

Your ssd is actually a DRAMless model, which isn't...
The cooler does come with pre-applied thermal paste, and as for reapplying... I don't know. I swap mine every round 2 years, but some believe you should do it every couple of months.

As for specs, i believe the 3300X is a better value, or atleast overclock the 3100 or match the 3300X, its only 20$ more.

As for the gpu upgrade, if the 750ti is good enough for you now, i would wait until NVIDIA releases the 3000 series, and get the 3050 ti (or whatever it will be called.)

you also dont need to give it only 150watts. your cpu is a power sipper and with a 550w psu, you could get a beefy gpu and still be okay.

RajTheGeek

Commendable
Aug 12, 2020
The cooler does come with pre-applied thermal paste, and as for reapplying... I don't know. I swap mine every round 2 years, but some believe you should do it every couple of months.

As for specs, i believe the 3300X is a better value, or atleast overclock the 3100 or match the 3300X, its only 20$ more.

As for the gpu upgrade, if the 750ti is good enough for you now, i would wait until NVIDIA releases the 3000 series, and get the 3050 ti (or whatever it will be called.)

you also dont need to give it only 150watts. your cpu is a power sipper and with a 550w psu, you could get a beefy gpu and still be okay.
Yes I agree with 3300X but here in India components are very pricey at least 20% more. Here 3300X costs around $50 more than 3100. Also I'm kinda low in a budget let's say around $500-$600 so I bought these components except for gpu. So my budget without gpu already gone more than $500(Something should be done about this I think.)

- Will this my system have any heating issues or stability issues at all? Should I do anything else?

Your ssd is actually a DRAMless model, which isn't ideal but if the difference in price where you live is too great, its probably fine.
The mx500 is a much better ssd though, if you can find it for a normal price difference.

Solution

RajTheGeek

Commendable
Aug 12, 2020

Your ssd is actually a DRAMless model, which isn't ideal but if the difference in price where you live is too great, its probably fine.
The mx500 is a much better ssd though, if you can find it for a normal price difference.
Thanks mate