Regarding System and System32 Folder

Can you please tell me the default location of System and System32 folder in
windows XP ,i'm using Window XP proffesional and System and System32 folder
located in \WINDOWS\system32 but in some other machine with same XP Os it's
in \Winnt\system32 .Could you please tell me the reason why it's happening .
while insalling Windows Xp proffessional what will be default location for
Syetm32 folder.

The difference is the former was a clean install while the latter was an
upgrade from Windows NT/2000

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional