Regarding system restore

If I restore back to a point several weeks ago, will software that I have
downloaded and installed yesterday, for example Norton Antovirus, be
affected? TIA.
--
joebat23

See:-

System Restore FAQ:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/faqsrwxp.mspx

<snip>

Does System Restore uninstall my program if I restore to a point before the program
was installed?
Answer: No, System Restore does not completely uninstall any program by itself if
restoring to a point prior to the program installation. Since system restore is based
on an inclusionary model, any file added or modified by the installation which System
Restore does not monitor or files added to or modified in a non monitored drive will
not be tracked by System Restore. Thus System Restore cannot delete or undo any
modifications made to these files. To remove all the changes an installation may have
made on the system, the user should first use the Add/Remove option in the control
panel to remove the application prior to using System Restore. System Restore however
will undo all recorded changes made to the registry & monitored files caused by the
application install including:

• Delete monitored files the program installation may have added to the system

• Undo modifications to monitored files made by the installation

• Replace the current registry with the registry snapshot taken when the
restore point chosen was created. (*note: some current values will persist)

• Any file type not monitored by System Restore added or modified on the system
will not be restored or removed. E.g. .jpg, .txt files.<snip>

"joebat23" <joebat23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I restore back to a point several weeks ago, will software that I have
> downloaded and installed yesterday, for example Norton Antovirus, be
> affected? TIA.
> --
> joebat23

You're welcome.