[SOLVED] Regarding Windows 10 setup files

Mar 16, 2021
Hi all, i'm starting to struggle for space on my boot drive, my question is i'm aware that you are able to delete the windows setup files to free up space, I've created a backup as of today before i go ahead and do anything however.

My question is this, i use Avast myself personally and the program that will remove these files states that i shouldn't delete these files if i plan to reinstall or "modify" my current installation of windows, does this mean that if i deleted these files that i wouldn't be able to continue updating my version of windows? I have tried googling this question but haven't had much luck.

Thanks for your time.

Solution
Hi all, i'm starting to struggle for space on my boot drive, my question is i'm aware that you are able to delete the windows setup files to free up space, I've created a backup as of today before i go ahead and do anything however.

My question is this, i use Avast myself personally and the program that will remove these files states that i shouldn't delete these files if i plan to reinstall or "modify" my current installation of windows, does this mean that if i deleted these files that i wouldn't be able to continue updating my version of windows? I have tried googling this question but haven't had much luck.

Thanks for your time.
Run a pass of disk cleanup see what it can toss out.
As the M said if your running that tight...

Thanks for your time.
Run a pass of disk cleanup see what it can toss out.
As the M said if your running that tight on space think about getting a bigger disk.

Solution