regedit files deleted

Sam14

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
i accidentally deleted files in the regedit and now all programs and all data are deleted when i try to run something it says that it doesnt exist and when i run a system program it says cannot load system32/bla bla bla ... when i try to run the task manager or cmd it says missing prefetch something like that i cannot do anything please help

Sam14

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013

i haven't backed up any data :3 but can i backup some data fro my other pc on a flash drive and copy it on my pc?

noidea_77

Distinguished
So you deleted files from the windows directory or registry key? If we are talking about files, you may be able to restore them from recycle bin. If we are talking about registry keys, it's time for a fresh install.

Sam14

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013

xD

i deleted registry keys

Sam14

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
so guys i found a new driver on my pc while i activated startup repair and it's called boot it has windows 7 installation setup so when i started it and tried ti reinstall windows it said something about a dvd cd driver or usb so i put y usb flash drive it didnt work so i got a cd 4.7 gb it didnt work and i searched all over the internet and i found that to fix that problem i have to run device manager and the device manager is in the control panel and i cannot open my control panel xD

noidea_77

Distinguished

The windows repair option may restore some of the regkeys, but not the software specific keys. The result will be unpredictable. Only a full system restore from backup (the one, where you boot from DVD or a Stick) may solve the problem. Or a fresh install.

Sam14

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013

as i said i a downloading windows 8 thank you for answering me but how can i format my drive as jinahyvore said

Sam14

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013

thank you for answering :D