hank

I like to run regedit but it say administrator has denied accsess. I am the
administrator, what gives.Thanks

"Hank" <Hank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I like to run regedit but it say administrator has denied accsess. I am
>the
> administrator, what gives.Thanks

Type the following between the quotes ("") and without the quotes in the
Run dialog box (Winkey + R)

"REG ADD HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
/v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"

--
William

Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm

This is usually caused by malware / viruses. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean
package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
instructions at:

Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

Trend Micro Sysclean package
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP