[SOLVED] Registering a PNY 3070 GPU as a gift.

Nov 21, 2020
PNY states for GPU's "warranties are valid only for the original owner of the product".

Does this mean if my friend bought a GPU for us both and gifted me me one, would we to register both cards under his name or would I be able to register one under a separate registration? At the time it seemed smart when he had the ability to get his hands on two but now we are running into concerns.

Would they just reject the registration or how would we know if the registration went though ?

This is my first time dealing with PNY cards so if anyone's had a similar experience I would love to hear. Thanks!

Solution
It means the first person to register it. Basically if someone buys it new, registers it, then sells it used, the new owner who bought it used can't register it again.

If it's gifted to you new, you're the original owner. Register it in your name.

BradHP

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
It means the first person to register it. Basically if someone buys it new, registers it, then sells it used, the new owner who bought it used can't register it again.

Reactions: falcomaster
Solution
Nov 21, 2020

So even if he purchased it to his residence, I would still be able to register it under my name? Thanks for the clarification!