Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1508
Date: 7/13/2005
Time: 8:09:23 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: xxxxx
Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by
insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
another process. for C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\\UsrClass.dat

I have plenty of pagefile and RAM so how do you fix security rights? I
tried reseting permissions to default...

You can repair the registry,try search at microsoft,type:307545

"needlove" wrote:

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Userenv
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1508
> Date: 7/13/2005
> Time: 8:09:23 PM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: xxxxx
> Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by
> insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.
>
> DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
> another process. for C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local
> Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\\UsrClass.dat
>
> I have plenty of pagefile and RAM so how do you fix security rights? I
> tried reseting permissions to default...

Are you on a network?

Who are you logging on as that the UsrClass.dat from

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Windows

is trying to load?

Normally the UsrClass.dat from

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Windows

should load.
-----

ID: 1508
Source: Userenv
[[Explanation
Windows could not load the user's registry information.

Possible reasons include:

The registry hive is corrupt.
You no longer have adequate privileges to the registry hive.

User Action
Monitor Event Viewer for additional profile events that might indicate why
this occurred. ]]
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=Userenv&EvtID=1508&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2

"Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted" error message
when you try to log on to Windows XP
;318011]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];318011

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ebK05sBiFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
needlove <needlove@aw.are> hunted and pecked:
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Userenv
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1508
> Date: 7/13/2005
> Time: 8:09:23 PM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: xxxxx
> Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by
> insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.
>
> DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
> another process. for C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local
> Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\\UsrClass.dat
>
> I have plenty of pagefile and RAM so how do you fix security rights? I
> tried reseting permissions to default...

Wesley Vogel said;

"Are you on a network?"

No, single PC, connected to cable ISP

"Who are you logging on as that the UsrClass.dat from
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Windows is trying to load?"

I log on normally to the only account available on my logon screen but when
looking at permissions for services I see ASP.NET, Administrator,
NTAuthority/System, Network Service, Default user; are all available,
working accounts. I have this Security Audit clipped from Event veiwer:
Event Type: Success Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 528
Date: 7/13/2005
Time: 11:59:28 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: xxxxx
Successful Logon:
User Name: NETWORK SERVICE
Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E4)
Logon Type: 5
Logon Process: Advapi
Authentication Package: Negotiate
Workstation Name:
Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

I did install a Network Application in addition to TCP/IP in my Network
adaptor, "Intel PROset", settings hoping it would fix a problem connecting
to the internet. Now I can't access the settings "Failed to load one of the
network components" error appears. Some services were loading under the NT
AUTHORITY/NETWORK SERVICE account and could not be turned on or off. I have
since changed them back to the local account and will see if things
straighten out.

"Normally the UsrClass.dat from C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name
Here\Local Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Windows should load."

It must load or, I could no longer use my account or, I would have had to
reset everthing. Maybe NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM's registry is corrupt?

I recently did an "inplace repair" of Windows XP sp2 using a Windows XP sp2
slipstream CD which makes it impossible to uninstall sp2 now. Then went to
Windows update and successfully reinstalled all the needed updates. Then
ran SFC successfully.

The install log from the inplace repair only said that some nonfatal errors
had occured. Yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft .Net
Framework 1.1 and applied the recent service pack for it. I have done
several other application specific repairs/reinstalls which often help that
single app but then the problem pops up in something else. I know VIRUS
comes to mind but I have the best AVS on the planet updated and run once a
week, more if I use IE a lot ;)

Thanks for the provided links. I am still looking at the information.

What is the password for NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM's account?? How do I log onto
it??

TRENDING THREADS