Registry Mechanic or JV 16?

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

Trying to decide which registry cleaner to purchase for my brand new
computer running WIN Pro.

All thoughts, ideas, experieces

Louise

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 08:04:13 GMT, Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote:

>Trying to decide which registry cleaner to purchase for my brand new
>computer running WIN Pro.
>
>All thoughts, ideas, experieces

Hi, Louise,

A few months ago, I bought and registered Registry Mechanic. I was
happy with it, as it was very easy to use and seemed quite effective.

I recently downloaded jv16 Power Tools, after reading a lot of good
things about it. In my reading, I noted that it was recommended for
experienced users, as there is *not* a lot of 'hand holding' for
inexperienced users.

Well, when I ran the registry cleaning tool of jv16, it found almost
3,500 invalid registry entries on my near 5 year old Dell XPS T550!
After going through the list, I backed them up, then deleted them. It
worked flawlessly and I *will* be registering jv16!

If you don't know your way around the registry and want an easy to use
registry cleaner, buy Registry Mechanic.

If you have enough computer experience to know what should and what
should not be in the registry, I'd recommend jv16 without reservation.

Good luck with your new computer and I hope this helps!
--
Rich Cervenka
Chicago, Illinois, USA

How much faster does your computer run, now that you've removed "3,500
invalid registry entries"? Any benchmarks to share?

Rocky

"Rich Cervenka" <UseNewsgroup@NotEmail.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 08:04:13 GMT, Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >Trying to decide which registry cleaner to purchase for my brand new
> >computer running WIN Pro.
> >
> >All thoughts, ideas, experieces
> >
> Hi, Louise,
>
> A few months ago, I bought and registered Registry Mechanic. I was
> happy with it, as it was very easy to use and seemed quite effective.
>
> I recently downloaded jv16 Power Tools, after reading a lot of good
> things about it. In my reading, I noted that it was recommended for
> experienced users, as there is *not* a lot of 'hand holding' for
> inexperienced users.
>
> Well, when I ran the registry cleaning tool of jv16, it found almost
> 3,500 invalid registry entries on my near 5 year old Dell XPS T550!
> After going through the list, I backed them up, then deleted them. It
> worked flawlessly and I *will* be registering jv16!
>
> If you don't know your way around the registry and want an easy to use
> registry cleaner, buy Registry Mechanic.
>
> If you have enough computer experience to know what should and what
> should not be in the registry, I'd recommend jv16 without reservation.
>
> Good luck with your new computer and I hope this helps!
> --
> Rich Cervenka
> Chicago, Illinois, USA
> Desktop: Dell Dimension XPS T550
> Notebook: Dell Inspiron 8600
> Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on both

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 13:05:18 GMT, "Rocket J. Squirrel"
<rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:

>How much faster does your computer run, now that you've removed "3,500
>invalid registry entries"? Any benchmarks to share?

No benchmarks. Sorry.

The machine certainly does seem to be noticeably faster now, though.