Question Registry Repair Command Line

Is there a way to fix the registry via the command line? Would like to fix computer not so much concerned about breaking it as I am keeping the data. Dell laptop.
Yes you can do registry edits via CLI or at least PowerShell. Rather than doing that I would recommend downloading something like Mint Linux and putting it on a bootable USB stick. From there you can boot to Linux and plug in a removable HDD and transfer the files from the laptop to the external drive and then just reinstall Windows. Overall that will be faster and easier.

Reactions: spinningstill

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
The Linux works but I don't have another HDD to plug in. Most all my tools are in storage (the housing market in St Louis has proven to be difficult).

The Reg? Yes, I get a registry file missing or errors and the code is 0xc0000225

Also get a windows installation detected 0.

The Linux works but I don't have another HDD to plug in. Most all my tools are in storage (the housing market in St Louis has proven to be difficult).

The Reg? Yes, I get a registry file missing or errors and the code is 0xc0000225

Also get a windows installation detected 0.
For $50 you can go to Best Buy and get a 1TB external HDD. Odds are you don't need that much storage so $30 gets you a 256GB Flash Drive. Neither of these things take up much space.

Reactions: spinningstill

TRENDING THREADS