RegSvr32 error Module Failed to Load

petethelich

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
So my MalewareBytes picked up something and removed it, but now i have been getting these popups when I restart my computer:

RegSvr32

The module "file path\CoolMobileSpi.dll" failed to load

make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files

The Specified module could not be found

EAwX4MS.jpg

I have no idea how to make the errors go away

That looks like it has something to do with mobile device software. Did you install any software for a mobile device? If so, and it's not important, just uninstall it.

If it is important, browse to that folder location and see if the .dll is there. If it is, just re-register the .dll. If the .dll is there, and you want to register it, I can tell you how, but I'd need the whole file path.

petethelich

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014

I forgot to mention that I had already tried that.

After scanning it a second time I saw a Ocsis regestry and will restart to see if that helped.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

petethelich

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014

No nothing of the sort. This error popped up after MalwareBytes restarted my computer after completing a scan

I went to "C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local" to look for the folder but it is not there (search didnt find it either)

in the registry it's no longer there but the popups persist.

I checked msconfig for anything that shouldnt be starting up I will do a clean boot to see if that corrects the problem.

edit: The errors didnt come up when I did a diagnostic startup. on normal startup they do.

Im not sure how to get the whole file path since it doesn't exist

The .DLL is most definitely not important.

When I do a selective startup and dont load any startup programs the errors dont popup

I already combed through msconfig to see if theres anything that shouldnt be there

Would the problem be in services.msi causing whatever that is to startup?

petethelich

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014

The problem was a startup item

I was looking for something that shouldn't be there I saw Microsoft "R" and overlooke dit when expanding the Command it shows the full file path but it does not exist.

Disabling those services from starting up fix the issue

I would like to thank both of you for your suggestions and taking the time out of your day to help.