Question Regular BSOD crashes in Dell Inspiron 5410

anjanesh

Prominent
Jul 22, 2021
anjanesh.com
Has anyone had problems with Dell Inspiron 14 5410 2-in-1 ? My friend bought one from a reseller (not Dell irect) one week back and he's been getting tons of BSOD errors daily - right from day #1.
This is just one of the latest screenshots : View: https://imgur.com/a/MYlVr7r

Can this be a hardware only problem ?
Will a whole laptop replacement be enough ? Or is this a Windows 10 specific issue ? Shall I ask him to get one with Windows 11 Home pre-installed ?
I've had a bad experience with a touch screen (HP Elite) some 5 years back which I just gave away to my brother. And now this is a touch based one which my friend bought. So I don't recommend touch.

Lutfij

Titan
What version of Windows 10 did the laptop come with? You might want to see if you can perform an update on the OS and see if the issue is alleviated. As for the BSoD's, can you replicate/trigger it at will or does it happen on random times? Since you mentioned the laptop being purchased from a reseller, did he get the ram upgraded out of the shop? Most times people add one stick of ram and that's what causes instability issues when paired with the stick of ram from the factory and a stick of ram off the shelf.

anjanesh

Prominent
Jul 22, 2021
anjanesh.com
Windows 10 Home. RAM is 16GB as pre-configured. No change in that. There isn't any upgrade in the system - none that I know of. The reseller is a famous brand by a top retailer here in India and the laptop was bought in Bangalore.

As for the BSoD's, can you replicate/trigger it at will or does it happen on random times?
Multiple causes - I've asked my friend to reply in this thread.

TRENDING THREADS