Question Regular BSOD no minidump file created

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2019
Hi. My computer has been crashing regularly at seemingly random times (once or twice a day, can't see any pattern/trigger) recently and I'm trying to find out why. All the guides I've found are based on creating and analyzing minidump files, however for some reason when my computer crashes it's unable to write minidump files. Any ideas how I can get to the bottom of this?

PC specs are:
i7-6700K
Asus Z170 pro gaming motherboard
16GB RAM (2x8 Corasir Vengeance RGB Pro)
Evga GTX 1060 SC 6GB
Corsair SSD 500GB - system drive
x2 500GB HDD for data and games

Windows 10

Thanks.

Apr 16, 2019
I should add that I thought the most likely culprit was my overclock - my CPU was overclocked to 4.7GHz. It had passed stress tests, but I lowered the OC to 4.5GHz (which I know to be stable) just in case. But after I'd lowered the OC I encountered another BSOD. So then I lowered my RAM from the rated 2666MHz to 2133MHz. That was last night, I haven't as yet encountered a crash since then, but I've only had my PC on for a couple of hours.

Apr 16, 2019
Hi Colif, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I saw that page you've linked to re possible causes of not writing memory dumps. It just occurred to me that I don't think my system drive is partitioned so that's probably it - I'll specify a destination for the file to get written to. The BSOD description was Unexpected Store Exception. I looked up some common causes and have been going through the list. Have just updated my graphics card driver so see if that helps.

Jul 31, 2020
please, help. im really confuse. i had been in many research but still i can't find any solution to how to shows minidump file on my pc. i use 120gb ssd. (no overclocking involved in my pc)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Status
Not open for further replies.