[SOLVED] rehouse a vga monitor to hdmi?

Jan 15, 2022
Hi, this is my first time asking here, the last week i was looking the marker and i saw a monitor that just have the vga connector, and i thought "is possible to buy a new controller board that has HDMI port to give it a 2nd chance?"

Solution
Hi, this is my first time asking here, the last week i was looking the marker and i saw a monitor that just have the vga connector, and i thought "is possible to buy a new controller board that has HDMI port to give it a 2nd chance?"
No.
Even if it were free, buying a monitor that already has HDMI would be less $$ than trying to convert that VGA.

USAFRet

Titan
No.
Even if it were free, buying a monitor that already has HDMI would be less $$ than trying to convert that VGA.

Solution
You can get an hdmi in vga out converter, it should be an active one if the monitor is old, which it is if it only has vga, that will do what you want even though there will be no converting of the monitor.
Also the monitor will probably not be able to achieve 1080.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...lus&_osacat=0&_sop=12&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

A much better use for the monitor would be on an older system that has a GPU with native vga output.