Reinstall all steam games?

Mar 31, 2018
Hey Guys,

So, i started up my laptop like any other time, and when i got to the desktop i saw that there were steam files all over the place, scattered around everywhere, and when i logged in to steam it showed that all my games were uninstalled and that i had to install them over again?

idk what the problem is, any help is appreciated

Solution
Those files and folders should be in your Program Files (x86)/Steam folder. Are they there as well?

Also open up Steam Interface and click on Settings and then Downloads.
Click on STEAM LIBRARY FOLDERS.
What is the location it shows?
Mar 31, 2018
it worked now, i can play my games, i logged out of steam then logged back in and it worked, but the files are still on the desktop, they are files like:
video.dll, steamUI.dll, v8.dll etc. and folders such as : public, resource, friends servers, skins etc.

This happened once before and i kept all the files and folder on one folder in my desktop, that was like 2 months ago, and now when i try to do the same it says these 3,456 files are identical to some files in this folder do u want to replace,skip, or cancel? idk what to do

Those files and folders should be in your Program Files (x86)/Steam folder. Are they there as well?

Also open up Steam Interface and click on Settings and then Downloads.
Click on STEAM LIBRARY FOLDERS.
What is the location it shows?

Solution
Mar 31, 2018

I figured it out thnx for the help!