reinstall and reformat after virus

Hi,
got hit bad with several viruses that knocked out my
Norton sofware.
All viruses seem to have been deleted but my system is
playing up badly,can't type rich text email or type while
online plus norton still will not work.
Do I do a re install ? If so do I need to reformat?

Regards,

Simon

simon plant wrote:
> Hi,
> got hit bad with several viruses that knocked out my
> Norton sofware.
> All viruses seem to have been deleted but my system is
> playing up badly,can't type rich text email or type while
> online plus norton still will not work.
> Do I do a re install ? If so do I need to reformat?
> > Regards,
>
> Simon

Try a repair install first.
Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link into the address box
if using the web based newsgroup.
Repair Install
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
http://michaelstevenstech.com

If you reformat, do you have your program cd's ready to hand? Do you any
backups of your documents?
You might try a Repair Reinstall first to see if that gets you going. You
should uninstall Norton and then reinstall it if your computer is
functioning well enough to do it.