[SOLVED] Reinstall Problem

sjenvey777

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
Trying to reinstall windows on my computer. I've downloaded windows 10 to a flash drive and then selecting the boot order to boot from the USB first in the BIOS, but it seems it just doesn't want to boot from it.

I think I have disabled secure boot and enabled CSM but I'm not 100% sure on this.

Motherboard is Asus Prime Z370-A if that helps.

Any help appreciated on this

Thanks

Solution
How did you create the USB?
What error message does it give you?

USAFRet

Titan
How did you create the USB?
What error message does it give you?

Solution

sjenvey777

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
I created at first using the "Windows 10 installation media download tool" then selecting my USB

Then I used Rufus tool to burn a ISO image.

I'm not getting a error message exactly. When selecting the boot order from what I can see it should try and boot from my USB first. However it just boots in to my Windows 10 OS that I have now. I have no idea if it's trying to boot from the USB either (Not sure how to check that).

sjenvey777

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
Right understood, I have that. The thing is once it's all downloaded and it's time to install windows. I set my BIOS to boot from the USB stick but it seems to skip it and just boots into the windows 10 that's already installed on my computer. I never see that message "Press any key to boot from USB/Device".

USAFRet

Titan
Right understood, I have that. The thing is once it's all downloaded and it's time to install windows. I set my BIOS to boot from the USB stick but it seems to skip it and just boots into the windows 10 that's already installed on my computer. I never see that message "Press any key to boot from USB/Device".
That might indicate the USB is not properly constructed.