[SOLVED] Reinstall Windows 7 Service Pack on new Intel MoBo and CPU from AMD Mobo and CPU

Jun 10, 2019
Good Day,

Tried to search the forums but can't get the answer i need.

My previous system is an AMD MoBo and FX 8350 CPU back in 2014 with Windows 7 Service Pack 64 Bit (I forgot if its service pack 1 or 3 or something)

Fast forward 2019, i'm switching to Intel Mobo (B360 or H370)and CPU (i5 9400 6 Core LGA 1151)

I don't want to spend $150 for a new windows OS. (even if its $50 i still dont want to spend) yeah i know im a cheapskate

It's a fresh install, i already migrated my file to an external HDD.

I dont mind erasing all my programs, saved games etc.

Solution

So, the answer is that you simply download the latest Microsoft Windows 10 media creation tool, create Windows 10 installation media using the build 1903 installer ISO and then do a CLEAN install of windows, and plug in your Windows 7 key when asked to do so or when it is time to activate.

This is how you do a clean install of Windows 10 and you need to follow EVERY step, EXACTLY as outlined.

And you will want to read all of these first, not because of the hardware requirement component, but so that you are aware that creating a Microsoft account and attaching your activation/digital entitlement to it is a good idea so...

So, the answer is that you simply download the latest Microsoft Windows 10 media creation tool, create Windows 10 installation media using the build 1903 installer ISO and then do a CLEAN install of windows, and plug in your Windows 7 key when asked to do so or when it is time to activate.

This is how you do a clean install of Windows 10 and you need to follow EVERY step, EXACTLY as outlined.

And you will want to read all of these first, not because of the hardware requirement component, but so that you are aware that creating a Microsoft account and attaching your activation/digital entitlement to it is a good idea so that you never have to deal with any questions of legitimacy in the future going forward. And so you know what you need to do if you ever change motherboards.

Solution