Reinstall Windows Help!!

Badbren

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
It all started when I wanted to run Forza Horizon 3..
My Pc was not capable of handling this game. I was able to play the first two minutes only before the game would close.

So, I upgraded to the Z970a Gaming Pro Carbon and bought the AMD FX 8370 processor.

At this point I have that Motherboard and that processor, with a EVGA GTX 960 FTW graphics, 8gb ddr3 ram, Corsair 750w psu, and windows installed on a Samsung 500gb SSD. And a 1 TB hard drive.

So I did a online test and it said 8gb of ram was low for FORZA... So this morning I went and bought another 8gb stick of ram and out her in. After my first attempt opening the windows store it closed right away, second time, I open forza for 30 seconds and my keyboard and mouse fail and Pc restart automatically. Someone told me on here to completley reinstall windows... Where I encounter another problem..

I am getting "the drive where windows is installed is locked" error message. I've looked it up trying to understand what I need to do and I just can't. I have a Windows 10 Professional USB drive and a product key.

The "easy download install windows" app on my desktop now keeps saying a restart is needed and doesn't work.

Please help!

Solution
Windows should not be the problem, your second stick of RAM is.
Whan you add a stick of RAM to some other stick, you have a small shot it will work, and if it does, it will often run at the slower RAMs timings. This is becasue single sticks of RAM are not designed to run with one another, which is why they make kits.
If you can, I'd return the RAM and put that twoards a kit of 16 GB, or even a single 16 GB stick.
https://neosmart.net/wiki/the-drive-where-windows-is-installed-is-locked/
Considering the causes listed here, unless you had a recent power outage or virus, the mixed RAM comprimised sytem stability and resulted in a bad write somewhere.

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
Windows should not be the problem, your second stick of RAM is.
Whan you add a stick of RAM to some other stick, you have a small shot it will work, and if it does, it will often run at the slower RAMs timings. This is becasue single sticks of RAM are not designed to run with one another, which is why they make kits.
If you can, I'd return the RAM and put that twoards a kit of 16 GB, or even a single 16 GB stick.
https://neosmart.net/wiki/the-drive-where-windows-is-installed-is-locked/
Considering the causes listed here, unless you had a recent power outage or virus, the mixed RAM comprimised sytem stability and resulted in a bad write somewhere.

Solution