reinstall

yar

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

if i run setup over on windows 95b will it trash the programming i all
ready have. i read where the oem setup will reformat before it
installs.

yar <yar@cavenet.com> wrote:

>if i run setup over on windows 95b will it trash the programming i all
>ready have. i read where the oem setup will reformat before it
>installs.

An OEM disk will not upgrade an existing system. If it detects a Win95
installation on the disk, it will not run.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

Had that problem in past.My suggestion for you is start in dos mode and
format system.Then re-install windows all over.

"Tim Slattery" wrote:

> yar <yar@cavenet.com> wrote:
>
> >if i run setup over on windows 95b will it trash the programming i all
> >ready have. i read where the oem setup will reformat before it
> >installs.
>
> An OEM disk will not upgrade an existing system. If it detects a Win95
> installation on the disk, it will not run.
>
> --
> Tim Slattery
> MS MVP(DTS)
> Slattery_T@bls.gov

Philo

"yar" <yar@cavenet.com> wrote in message
> if i run setup over on windows 95b will it trash the programming i all
> ready have. i read where the oem setup will reformat before it
> installs.

you can install win95 back over itself and it will keep your
original settings.

just rename win.com and be sure to install windows back in the original
windows folder (usually C:\windows)
do *not* go with the default of windows.000

yar

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

thank you for your time and info!

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 13:15:42 -0700, "eal6534"
<eal6534@discussions.microsoft.com> blurted forth:

"Had that problem in past.My suggestion for you is start in dos mode
and
"format system.Then re-install windows all over.
"
""Tim Slattery" wrote:
"
"> yar <yar@cavenet.com> wrote:
">
"> >if i run setup over on windows 95b will it trash the programming i
all
"> >ready have. i read where the oem setup will reformat before it
"> >installs.
">
"> An OEM disk will not upgrade an existing system. If it detects a
Win95
"> installation on the disk, it will not run.
">
"> --
"> Tim Slattery
"> MS MVP(DTS)
"> Slattery_T@bls.gov
">

yar

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

thank you, i read that there is a mode where the install will check
for file integrity and only install the ones as needed.

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 18:24:07 -0500, "philo" <philo@privacy.net> blurted
forth:

"