Question Reinstalled AMD graphics driver and black screens on power on.

Mar 30, 2023
Hello all,

I finished my build(specs at bottom), installed windows and the relevant drivers. However I had issues with the AMD graphics drivers, after entering windows it would freeze the pc for 5-10seconds then throw up errors on the amd software.

I then used DDU to try and uninstall the drivers after atempts to use amd software to repair. After successfully uninstalling, then after rebooting into safe mode to change config to boot normally I then went into BIOS to update it. Flash i think goes fine it reboots into BIOS to update itself. I go away for a couple mins and see that the pc has rebooted?, screen is powered but nothing is showing. I wait 10-15 more minutes nothing so I forced powered off.

Now I power pc but not getting any display on the screen, just says no HDMI signal and a black screen I have tries both the gpu and motherboard. Fans are all working.

Ryzen 7700x
Noctua d15
2x32gb 5600MHz corsair vengance
Gigabyte gaming x ax B650
Adata sx8200 1tb
4TB hdd
Corsair RM850e
Gigabyte 5700xt
Windows 10

Did I mess up the motherboard? And what should next steps be ?

Thanks

I've got the mATX version of that board, and I really don't think much of Gigabyte's BIOS updates, I took mine all the way back to version F2 just to get it to run stable.

My suggestion would be to download an earlier BIOS version and do a BIOS Flashback, which luckily the board has. There are many videos on Youtube showing the process.

Update, I saw there was a new BIOS, version F7a, and thought I'd see if it was any better. I basically ended up with your situation where it refused to post at first, then when it did it wouldn't boot, it just sat there with a blank screen. Luckily I could get back into BIOS and flashed it back to F2, and now it's working again. I could've tried clearing the CMOS, but that's a hassle as I need to remove the graphics card and then M.2 drive cover just to get to the battery, and last time it didn't achieve anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: agilescar1
Mar 30, 2023
I've got the mATX version of that board, and I really don't think much of Gigabyte's BIOS updates, I took mine all the way back to version F2 just to get it to run stable.

My suggestion would be to download an earlier BIOS version and do a BIOS Flashback, which luckily the board has. There are many videos on Youtube showing the process.

Update, I saw there was a new BIOS, version F7a, and thought I'd see if it was any better. I basically ended up with your situation where it refused to post at first, then when it did it wouldn't boot, it just sat there with a blank screen. Luckily I could get back into BIOS and flashed it back to F2, and now it's working again. I could've tried clearing the CMOS, but that's a hassle as I need to remove the graphics card and then M.2 drive cover just to get to the battery, and last time it didn't achieve anything.
Thanks a lot, I used the BIOS flash Q and the pc is working as normal.