[SOLVED] Reinstalled cpu now no hdmi signal from device and no power to USB

joe.bailey1

Commendable
Jan 8, 2019
Hi, I recently got a i5 8400 from a g4560 when I installed it my pc wouldn't turn on, so I reinstalled the g4560 and it does turn on but now I get no hdmi signal from my GTX 970 or integrated graphics. I'm kind of stressing out so any help would be appreciated. I now realise I need a new mobo for i5 but my usb ports have no power now and i have no hdmi signal from device even though overall nothing has changed and i have triple checked all sockets. One other minor point is that my graphics card hdmi slot is just to the left and the case hole is a little too right for it to fit in easily but this wasn't a problem as I used the pc for about a year and a half prior to attempting to upgrade my cpu. The first time I installed i5 and then back to g4560 i didn't touch anything to do with gpu.

Solution
If putting the old CPU back doesn't restore it then you either bent pins in the CPU socket, missed wiring something, or damaged the board by having the wrong CPU. You will have to eliminate the physical causes first.

kanewolf

Titan
If putting the old CPU back doesn't restore it then you either bent pins in the CPU socket, missed wiring something, or damaged the board by having the wrong CPU. You will have to eliminate the physical causes first.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
could it still be my cpu if the pc still turns on? also both processors use the same socket so I doubt it damaged it, I thought I broke the gpu this is good advice I will check cpu pins and make sure cpu and wires correct, if that fails i will reinstall gpu and clear cmos.

But it doesn't "turn on". You aren't getting USB power or video from onboard or GPU. That isn't turning on. I will stick by my previous post of check for physical issues first.

kanewolf

Titan

You didn't provide the model of motherboard, so I can't tell if there are any additional diagnostic LEDs that will help you troubleshoot this.

TRENDING THREADS