[SOLVED] Reinstalled drivers, no shortcuts.

Feb 17, 2021
Reinstalled the drivers (Realtek and Nahmic) and the realtek one is showing up in device management under Sound/Audio but there are no more shortcuts (like when I first downloaded the drivers.
How can I find the programs to make the shortcuts?
Did I reinstall them wrong?

Solution
Feb 17, 2021
In Device Manager > View (tab) is "Show hidden devices" checked?

Overall, more information is needed:

What specific devices: make, model, etc.?

Hey system info is:
Cpu - 10600k
Mobo - z490 asrock phantom gaming 4
OS- Windows 10

Hidden devices are shown! I'm trying once again to clean every trace of the driver's out of the system and going to reinstall once more.
Essentially, like the first time, I'm hoping that it will install everything, create the shortcuts and work.
The last install it only worked sometimes (Realtek) when I plugged my headphones in and I could no longer click on the shortcuts to interact with the driver;s interface.

I thought maybe I hadn't fully cleared everything from the system so when it was being reinstalled it was screwing up the installation because some of the files were still partially on the system. Am I on to something here?

Thanks for the reply btw! :)

Ralston18

Titan
Normally you just go into Device Manager to uninstall drivers.

However, I realized that I may be misunderstanding your use of the word shortcut and what icons you are clicking.

Take a screen shot of those icons and post the screenshot to this thread via imgur.

The shortcuts may have been created by some third party app or utility associated with the audio software you are/were using.

Feb 17, 2021
Hey ralston! Sorry for the late reply, had to sleep on it as it was frustrating the heck outta me.
Yeah sorry about that, sometimes I'm not sure of the exact word to use that would make it more understandable haha. I'll give it another shot:

1. Built my computer and installed all the drivers. Each one either came with a desktop shortcut or asked if I wanted one installed (clicked yes).

2. For a long time I was able to click on the realtek audio shortcut to adjust levels and the like.
( View: https://imgur.com/gallery/QXfA5D3
- See here)

3. Plugged a microphone in and it wasn't working, so I uninstalled the drivers in device manager which also deleted the shortcut icons. I personally deleted the nahimic one (see link above) but realtek one was automatically removed.

4. Tried multiple times to reinstall but sometimes the audio wouldn't work through the headphone jack (Realtek would be the default device, but no sound would come through) and sometimes it would work just fine but you couldn't adjust the levels because there wasn't a shortcut (Again, refer to the link)

5. I did notice that even when uninstalled, I could still find folders and files relating to Nahimic / Realtek and thought that "if there are remaining files on the PC, then when I reinstall it could be assuming the shortcuts are still there. Either that or it's causing a partial reinstall".

Is that logical? Or am I going off in the wrong direction?

D

Deleted member 14196

You need the one that shipped with your motherboard if you don’t have that exact version you’re not going to see the shortcut

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution
Feb 17, 2021
2 types of realtek audio drivers now.
  1. the old type where you just get 1 driver and it includes the HD Audio manager
  2. the new type:

refer: https://www.tenforums.com/sound-aud...o-console-requires-realtek-hd-uad-driver.html

he is missing the part from Microsoft

Its why I hate Realtek audio drivers now, used to be so easy.

Yeah talk about it: Just used Riva to completely scrub everything and am going to try this option. Hopefully can close the thread soon :D

Any idea where I can find the second component for the Nahimic software?
Can I find that at the Microsoft office website?