Reinstalled pc and wifi option gone

lkc_Kris

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I built my pc 2 years ago and wanted to reset my pc 3 days ago. So i chose the "Reset This PC" option in windows 10.

Windows then restarted a few times and then loaded into "Just a moment" with the windows loading circle dots. It was stuck for 27 hours and 32 minutes. I then hard rebooted my pc, windows then booted up and loaded me into a black screen with cursor. I tried every method i can find online (ctrl+p, space then enter password and press ctrl+p). Didnt work. So i took out my windows cd and booted a fresh windows.

Then the windows instlaler said "windows cant be installed on this drive" for all 4 of my drives, so i used command prompt to clean and change it to gpt. Then installed windows.

Afterwards, i got into windows 10. I noticed there was a Ethernet icon and not a wifi icon, i clicked on it, and went to Ethernet and networking. Normally there would be a wifi option with the vpn, enthernet, dial up services and stuff, but there isnt.

I have a dedicated network card, and my motherboard should have one onboard too. I tried removing the network card (pcie) and restarted the pc, it was still the same. So pls help.

Specs:
Mobo: asus x99a
Cpu: i7 5820k
Ram: 32 GB kingston ddr4
Gpu: 980ti
Network card: asus (forgot and lost warranty card and the product box so i dont know the exact one.)

Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/X2rQl

Solution
You should be able to install a driver for the wireless card, but you need to know exactly what card it is down to the version. You can either open it up and look or try something like Belarc Advisor that might be able to identify the card without opening the case.

While W10 can plug and play some cards, that is not often true of older model cards.

RealBeast

Titan
You should be able to install a driver for the wireless card, but you need to know exactly what card it is down to the version. You can either open it up and look or try something like Belarc Advisor that might be able to identify the card without opening the case.

While W10 can plug and play some cards, that is not often true of older model cards.

Solution