Reinstalled Win10- not all drivers agree to install- why?

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey there
I just reinstalled Win10 and when I installed it first time, I do not remember having any issues with installing drivers. But this time- I get error for LAN:
"There is an issue with Microsoft Windows 10 that prevents Intel Advanced Network Services feature from working correctly. You may install the feature, although you will be unable to create ANS teams and VLAN s. Do you wish to install the feature?"

When I install VGA (note that I have DP, DVI and HDMI ports, no VGA ports), it says, "This computer does not mean minimum requirement to install software" or for another VGA driver- "Cant Find AsusSetup.ini"
I installed Windows update, including Anniversary update, and one of the updates said- it was for Chipset 200 and that it failed. I did install Chipset from Asus motherboard, but why did update failed? Thank you.

Solution
Since the anniversary edition of win 10, all drivers have to be digitally signed by Microsoft before the operating system will let them work. If the drivers were made prior to this requirement, they may not have the necessary signatures and win 10 will reject them

You must install the latest Microsoft Windows 10 updates before you can create Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) Teams and VLANs on Windows 10 systems. Any Intel ANS Teams or VLANs created with Release 20.1, 20.2, or 20.3 on a Windows 10 system will be corrupted and cannot be upgraded. The installer will remove these existing teams and VLANs.

Note: Intel ANS is only supported on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Windows 10 Version 1607, build 10.0.14393)...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Since the anniversary edition of win 10, all drivers have to be digitally signed by Microsoft before the operating system will let them work. If the drivers were made prior to this requirement, they may not have the necessary signatures and win 10 will reject them

You must install the latest Microsoft Windows 10 updates before you can create Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) Teams and VLANs on Windows 10 systems. Any Intel ANS Teams or VLANs created with Release 20.1, 20.2, or 20.3 on a Windows 10 system will be corrupted and cannot be upgraded. The installer will remove these existing teams and VLANs.

Note: Intel ANS is only supported on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Windows 10 Version 1607, build 10.0.14393) branch, and may not be supported on future versions.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

Why install VGA drivers if PC doesn't have VGA?

hard to tell if the update to chipset 200 is newer than what you already have from Asus as they and MS tend to rename the files.

Solution

Astralv

Distinguished
Thank you for finding this information, but not sure what it means for this computer. Why would it be offered as a driver for LAN if it was not compatible? Also I attempted to install it before Anniversary update was installed and it showed this message. Then I installed Anniversary update and tried to install it again, and it gave me the exact same message. Also this is least of my concerns. Specifically for Colif- would you, please, look at this thread and see if you can have any ideas: this is $2000 audio interface that fails to communicate with computer- we thought- it was driver signing issue but looks like it is something else. I am at the point of offering a reward for anyone who solves this because I don't have another $2000 to buy another mixer. Would you, please, look at it? I am about to try to install it again on reinstalled Windows- this was the reason I had to reinstall. But I am wondering if installing it before Anniversary update would help it. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3339237/driver-working-windows-inforced-secure-drivers-signing-work.html Thank you.

Colif

Win 11 Master

the guy helping you seems to be doing a good job and I don't want to interrupt him :)

Astralv

Distinguished
I am "she"- just saying. I appreciate the work Desire put in to it. Also the advantage of forum is that together we can come with the right solution. The more ideas is the better. The issue is not solved- the mixer is still not working, so the thread is open for recommendations. Thank you.