[SOLVED] Reinstalled Windows 7 drivers not updating Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2019
Hi guys first of all i would like to say im new here and if im posting in the wrong section please excuse my mistake.

Dell Lattitude E7450

I just reinstalled a fresh copy of windows 7 pro on my laptop and i think i ruined the original drivers that come pre installed by deleting all partitions during the installation. Basically my issue is after installing windows 7 pro i cant get online, no wifi is available. Directly plugging in the Ethernet cable doesnt give me access to the internet either. Tried to update drivers but keeps failing. Tried downloading drivers from the Dell website via another computer and transferred them onto my laptop with a usb but they dont open up.

I have been trying to solve this for the past 3 hours now, reading other threads ect. and nothing has worked.

I appreciate any help or tips and thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019
I downloaded a few drivers via the Dell website and eventually one of them installed which enabled me to connect to the internet through a wired connection (still no wifi at that point). Then once i had access to internet on that laptop, it was easier to get the required drivers via the Dell website since i was using the machine they were intended for.

The Dell website has the option of scanning your computer and automatically downloads and installs the missing drivers. Also went through several hours of windows updates in the process too.

Hope this helps anyone with similar issues, was a complete nightmare for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS