Reinstalled windows on 2nd ssd - uefi/recovery partitions still on old drive

aharu

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Hey!
I think I've made a mistake but I don't know how and I don't know how to fix it.

1. Laptop with a Samsung Evo SSD with Windows 10 Pro installed, no problems.

then...

2. Installed a second, bigger Evo SSD and installed Windows 10 Pro. Works fine. But, I still have the old ssd installed in the laptop so technically I have two installations (I deleted the big partition, the Windows one, on the old one because;)... I only want to keep the new installation and have the old SSD wiped, so I eventually can install linux or keep it as a data disk or whatever.

But, the latest installation didn't install the recovery, efi, etc partitions on the new drive, they are still on the old one. See the screenshot.

How can I create these partitions on the new drive so I can completely wipe the old one?

problemo.jpg

Solution
This is why I recommend that when you install Windows you remove all but the target drive from the system.

You can find some information about creating the MSR (UEFI) partition and the system partition here, but I would recommend that you just reinstall if it isn’t too much trouble. Automatic creation of these partitions is much easier than manually creating and configuring them.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
This is why I recommend that when you install Windows you remove all but the target drive from the system.

You can find some information about creating the MSR (UEFI) partition and the system partition here, but I would recommend that you just reinstall if it isn’t too much trouble. Automatic creation of these partitions is much easier than manually creating and configuring them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts