[SOLVED] Reinstalling Windows 10 after ram overclock, should i format my SSD?

Jan 21, 2021
Hello, i finished overclocking my cpu and ram on brand new PC and now i want to fresh install Windows 10 because i worry about system files corruption (during RAM OC i had to use "repair" Windows option twice). I m using Crucial MX500 SATA SSD and i m not sure how to reinstall Windows 10 on him. Can i just delete old partition with OS and create new during Windows 10 installation? or should i use format option? Maybe after RAM OC im supposed to completly "clean" my SSD with something like Sanitize Drive or Secure Erease?

Solution
Hello, i finished overclocking my cpu and ram on brand new PC and now i want to fresh install Windows 10 because i worry about system files corruption (during RAM OC i had to use "repair" Windows option twice). I m using Crucial MX500 SATA SSD and i m not sure how to reinstall Windows 10 on him. Can i just delete old partition with OS and create new during Windows 10 installation? or should i use format option? Maybe after RAM OC im supposed to completly "clean" my SSD with something like Sanitize Drive or Secure Erease?

USAFRet

Titan

Solution