Question Reinstalling Windows 10 after ripping out motherboard.

Feb 17, 2020
So I did something really, really dumb. REALLY dumb.

I ripped out the motherboard on my pc to replace the cpu fan without realizing the repercussions. Hooked everything back up and turned the power on and immediately received the BSD stating the operating system could not be loaded because "a required file is missing or contains errors." It was looking for C:\Window\System32\winload.exe.

I am (was) running the most current version of Windows 10 Home. The CPU is an AMD FX-6300 on a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard.

What I found from searching the internet is that I need to use the Microsoft Win10 repair tool to fix this. I downloaded the ISO and am hopefully good to go...I hope.

Is there anything else I should be looking out for or be aware of as I am re-installing Win 10?

Help!

And many thanks ahead of time for your suggestions and advice.

Bridgett

Feb 17, 2020
Ripped out as in, removed from the case after disassembling the innards of the pc. I put it back together and started it Everything powers up but there is the immediate BSD that it cannot load the operating system.

USAFRet

Titan
Ripped out as in, removed from the case after disassembling the innards of the pc. I put it back together and started it Everything powers up but there is the immediate BSD that it cannot load the operating system.
If you changed no hardware, and presumably broke no hardware....failure to boot up would suggest something is not connected.

Don't dive into "repair" or reinstall.
Find the actual problem first.

Start with...give us a list of all parts in this system.