• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Reinstalling Windows 10 on my dual boot setup?

Kshitij_123

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
Hi everyone,

So my laptops SSD got damaged and it was set as the boot device for windows 10 while the HDD (Perfectly Okay) boots into Ubuntu 20. I can currently boot into Ubuntu 20 or the BIOS only and I am new to Linux Distros. Also while installing Ubuntu I had to switch off Bitlocker and switch from RAID to AHCI.

After swapping out the SSD with a new one (the same as the previous one as it is covered in my warranty) I need to install Windows 10 again. Will I face any problems as the laptop is dual booted and what is the procedure to reinstall Windows 10 on dual boot laptops correctly?

Dell support isn't trained on dual boot so they won't reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop. They have provided me with a boot-able pen drive for windows 10

Thanks for the help

System Specs

256 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Intel i7-9750H @2.60 GHz
Nvidia RTX 2070 MaxQ Design
16 GB RAM

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS