Reinstalling Windows 8.1 due to never-ending Auto Repair loop, install cannot find files?

HydroGirl

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
Hey all, I've decided to re-install Windows 8.1 due to the problem in title. (Aggravating) Had exhausted all other options: disk check, bcdedit, Reset, Recover, nothing worked. So, used Media Creator in MS to make USB, set boot order to USB, install started, looked good. Then install says cannot find files. Does this mean cannot find file on the install media? or cannot find files on computer? i did delete all the partitions, maybe i deleted something important. Keep in mind, I do not know what the original issue was that prompted the Auto Repair in the first place; perhaps some missing files? Any advice or suggestions are welcome, I'm not an expert by any means but feel I understand enough to follow instructions. Thanks!

Solution
Quick question... you said you deleted all partitions and created a new one... or did you just delete the partitions you weren't using? I've encountered problems with Windows installs where it would hang or give error messages. In every case it was the result of corruption from the partition itself. I simply deleted EVERY PARTITION on the drive... an then created a brand new one and formatted it... then proceeded with the install... and that always fixed my problems.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Quick question... you said you deleted all partitions and created a new one... or did you just delete the partitions you weren't using? I've encountered problems with Windows installs where it would hang or give error messages. In every case it was the result of corruption from the partition itself. I simply deleted EVERY PARTITION on the drive... an then created a brand new one and formatted it... then proceeded with the install... and that always fixed my problems.

Solution