Reinstalling windows after a motherboard, cpu and ram change

Jul 7, 2018
Hi guys, I changed out my motherboard, cpu and ram in order to get better performance for gaming. I've built computers before but have never done a change in hardware while using the same drives and such.

When I go to reinstall windows through a usb it gives me a message saying "compatibility report upgrade option isnt available". When i try to do the manual instaliation it won't work either as my mother board isnt reading my ssd and harddrive...
Im thinking its something to do with not having the right drivers installed?

Can anyone help me with this please?

Jul 7, 2018

I am installing windows 10 home 64 bit using a usb with the windows boot on it. I've been booting using the usb and can't get it to install using the usb. I am able to launch the windows setup and get to the point where i can enter my key and such. Would you mind explaing how to do a full wipe so i can try that?

Sorry the answer is probably very simple but i cant find it on the internet and im going crazy haha.
Thanks

Go about 40% down page to where it says, "This next part may be a bit tricky if you have multiple hard drives or partitions. You’ll need to delete the primary partition and the system partition. To ensure a 100% clean install it’s better to fully delete these instead of just formatting them."

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clean-install-Windows-10/

Delete ALL partitions as Windows will create the partitions it needs on an empty drive.

There are legacy and UEFI installs, I don't know anything about your system or which kind of install you are doing.

Jul 7, 2018

I followed this guide with the windows setup and everything but I am not getting any drivers to appear when it says to select a driver to install. I have an SSD and a 1 tb Harddrive both with things on them from before i changed components. My SATA cables and plugged in to the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS