Reinstalling windows on C, need to keep files on "D"

ijuro

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Hello, i want to reinstall windows which is currently on my C drive and my files are on D drive. I created logical partition "R" backup, where i want to put some my files from D drive, then format C and D drive, create new C 100GB partition and remaining space will be on D drive. But will my files on R logical partition stay there ?
anlchz.png

ijuro

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Thanks for your respond but i have one more question. When i copying or moving files to R, that transfer is so slow that it takes 5 minutes to copy 1 GB file. It starts at 70MB/s but suddenly after 3 seconds transfer speed drops to 7-11MB/s .
1zw0jrs.png

ijuro

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
It's transfer between partitions on 1 drive which is Seagate 1TB, 64MB, SATAIII, ST1000DX001 SSHD and i have it conected to first sata port. But this also happens when i transfer files between internal and external hdd or when i plug second hdd to sata port 2. Always same situation and i need to backup files which are 15 gb and it takes too much time (4 hours to transfer 15 gb)

ijuro

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Right now i have only one 1TB drive in pc and all partitions are on this drive. Yes it's in sataIII port . So i don't have any other drive conected right now. I have 8 GB ram.
2ag4tp5.png

ijuro

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I have discovered that this is happening only when i transfer big file. When i transfer folder which is 20 GB large and contains files which are about 300mb to 1,5 GB transfer is fast. But when i try to move file which is 15 GB large it get stuck on 7 MB/S after copying 1-2 GB. And it's same when i copy/move files from or to drive. For example i tried copy something to and from external hdd to this seagate hdd and when file is large it will be slow. Also when i conect my other drive which is some toshiba hdd from notebook the transfer from external hdd is slow. Right now i'm installing new windows and wonder if this problem will be solved.