[SOLVED] Reinstalling Windows on New Hard Drive

Apr 9, 2021
Hey guys! So I recently got a new hard drive because my old one was running super slow. So I replace the hard drive and download Windows 10 Creation tool. But every time I try to install it, it doesn't work. I fully download the files, and it takes me to the screens to select a region and a keyboard layout. Then it asks me to sign in on my Microsoft account, and as I'm trying, my computer will restart suddenly. When it boots back up, it shows a loading Windows logo, and then black screens, and it happens over and over each time I try to reboot. I've plugged in my old hard drive and done a true reformatting using https://www.tomshardware.com/news/format-hard-drive-command-prompt,37632.html but I just have the same problem when trying to reinstall Windows 10. I've checked the system version and compatibility, and I've wiped the flash drive and redownloaded the media tool. But nothing will work. Any advice?

Solution
Boot from the USB, and install with the LAN cable unplugged, or WiFi disconnected.
System completely offline, until later.

Skip the MS account sign-in. You shouldn't need to do that if the hdd (SSD hopefully) is the only thing that's changing. Even so, you can sign on to your MS account at a later time.

When the restart happens, sometimes the machine will try and load up the bootable USB again and bring you to the format screen again. Just need to turn off the machine, remove the USB drive, and boot. Then it should reference the installation on the HDD/SSD.

Apr 9, 2021
Skip the MS account sign-in. You shouldn't need to do that if the hdd (SSD hopefully) is the only thing that's changing. Even so, you can sign on to your MS account at a later time.

When the restart happens, sometimes the machine will try and load up the bootable USB again and bring you to the format screen again. Just need to turn off the machine, remove the USB drive, and boot. Then it should reference the installation on the HDD/SSD.

Thanks for the reply! I do remove the USB drive. After it finishes downloading I turn off, and take out the USB, but it prompts me to sign in and then does this. :/

USAFRet

Titan
Boot from the USB, and install with the LAN cable unplugged, or WiFi disconnected.
System completely offline, until later.

Solution