Question Reinstalling Windows to a New SSD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

enderzshadow

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
I have 2 hard drives already and I want to reinstall windows onto my new 1tb Sata SSD.
I have the Data Migration and Samsung Magician Software.

It's very important that the re-installed windows be an absolutely fresh install.
I've never done this.

Will I be 'cloning' anything? (never done this either)

Can you recommend any good guides to do this?

Or walk me through?

Thanks-

Last edited:

enderzshadow

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
When the media creation tool is downloading the files for the installation media onto the flash drive, does it have to be on the computer I'm going to do all this on?

Only reason I ask, like I've mentioned before, I have bad internet at the house, library has great internet and if it's possible, it would save me a lot of time.

USAFRet

Titan
When the media creation tool is downloading the files for the installation media onto the flash drive, does it have to be on the computer I'm going to do all this on?

Only reason I ask, like I've mentioned before, I have bad internet at the house, library has great internet and if it's possible, it would save me a lot of time.
Once you're running the MediaCreation tool, there is a specific selection for "Create this for a different PC".

Reactions: enderzshadow