Relation between core speed and core voltage in video cards.

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Hey guys,
I have the gigabyte gtx 750 ti 2gb WINDFORCE which is 1032 MHZ core speed and 1110 MHZ boost clock , so if i inc. the core speed do i have to inc. the core voltage too? although the stock clocking of it is set too 0 core voltage and 100% power limit with 80 degree Celsius..
Thanks guys <3

Solution
Well the "relation" between core clock and the core voltage, is more or less that when the system becomes unstable with a too high core clock, it'll need some more juice, erko the core voltage has to be risen a bit. Although this is not a linear process.
There's no exact guide or anything for this. Trial and error is the way to do it, since pretty much all cards are different in some kind of way.
Since all these parts are slightly different, some will clock higher without voltage, while others will.

When you increase the clock speed it should add to the boost clock as an offset.

Worst case the driver or operating system will crash(recover or blue screen error)

True Buie

Honorable
Aug 29, 2016
Well the "relation" between core clock and the core voltage, is more or less that when the system becomes unstable with a too high core clock, it'll need some more juice, erko the core voltage has to be risen a bit. Although this is not a linear process.
There's no exact guide or anything for this. Trial and error is the way to do it, since pretty much all cards are different in some kind of way.

Solution