[SOLVED] Relatively new PC not booting

Apr 11, 2021
Hi Guys, wondering if someone here can help me or experienced a similar issue.

Yesterday Morning i was gaming and the power trippedI tried booting the pc and got 1 long beep and 2 short ones.

I spent the morning swopping parts that i had replacements for and couldnt get it to boot. I eventually updated the bios using Q flash as i couldnt get anything on display and it worked.

Come night time and the power tripped again. Same issue when i tried starting her up.
I tried the same thing again today, reflashing the bios, still 1 long beep, 2 short beeps. Ive tested different RAM, different slots, 3 different GPU’s, nothing. Im thinking mobo or cpu which i dont have replacement parts for to test?

any recommendations?

SPECS:
Aorus B550 Elite Motherboard
Aorus 2x8gb 3200mhz CL16 Memory
Ryzen 5 5600x
Gigabyte Gaming OC 6700xt
512gb WD Black Nvme SSD m.2
1tb Gigabyte SSD
Superflower 750w Gold Fully Modular Psu

Solution
Power tripping:

Do you mean the entire electrical circuit serving the outlet where you plug in the computer and its' peripherals.

Or perhaps a surge protector or some power switch with a breaker.

1 long beep, 2 short beeps - RAM perhaps?

Reference:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/816

Just as a matter of elimination:

Try a new CMOS battery.
Apr 11, 2021
Whoops, my south african slang🤦🏽 basically something in the house caused the power to go off. Pc is plugged into a surge protector multi plug. Thank you for the reply, the oldest part of my rig was bought nov 2020, could the cmos battery truly be flat already? Ive taken it out a few times but i havent tried a new one yet🤦🏽 let me try that.

TRENDING THREADS