Release dates for next gen SSD's?

stevetx19

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
So, I'm in the midst of a new build and am currently waiting for z77/ivy. With the new mb's and ivy, can we expect a new line-up of improved ssd's in April/May? I'd like to be building by mid May, so if it's more likely that the next wave will come in July or later, i'll probably just go with an M4.

Btw, i'm looking for an ssd around 128GB for OS and programs, preferably under $150. Looks like the m4 fits the bill, but don't want to buy if crucial will release a new version in the next month. Since i'm waiting for Ivy, I don't mind waiting another month for new ssds...

any word?

stevetx19

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
very cool- just last week! That looks pretty impressive...any word on others coming out in the next month or so? I'm curious as to what competition the vertex 4 will have for what i'm sure are tons of folks building z77/Ivy in May.

also, i mentioned $150 being my price preference- that's not particularly realistic. I'm fine to go <$200.

Sorry, I don't know. Keep checking out Tom's Hardware once a week or once every other week for news.