[SOLVED] Reliable external storage for photos

May 16, 2020
Recently, through a series of unfortunate events, I lost access to many, many, many photos from the last 5 years. that were stored on a cloud service.

I would like to ensure this doesn't happen again by having several backups of my photos. I'm looking for an external hard drive to use for this purpose. I would like to find a reliable, affordable brand that will serve me well. Probably going for a 2 TB .

What is your best input on external hdd for photos?

Thank you!

DSzymborski

Titan
Recently, through a series of unfortunate events, I lost access to many, many, many photos from the last 5 years. that were stored on a cloud service.

I would like to ensure this doesn't happen again by having several backups of my photos. I'm looking for an external hard drive to use for this purpose. I would like to find a reliable, affordable brand that will serve me well. Probably going for a 2 TB .

What is your best input on external hdd for photos?

Thank you!

Honestly, the best external hard drive is the one you make yourself; get a quality hard drive and put it in an external enclosure. Then you won't run into the issue of a company swapping in a cheaper hard drive or issues shucking the hard drive or moving to another enclosure or case.