Question Reliable mechanical keyboard required.

mictian1980

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
I am looking for a mechanical keyboard that will last me at least 7 years. I have been through two mechanical keyboards that stopped working before they even hit the two year mark. One was a Razer and the other a Logitech...

For now I am using a Corsair rubber dome keyboard but its barely tolerable...

thx1138v2

Distinguished
I used a keyboard from an original IBM AT machine for nearly 30 years. That covered many years under DOS which was keyboard centric. It was what is known as a "buckling spring" keyboard. It was a model "M???" keyboard. When IBM got out of the PC business it went by the wayside but there were other folks that took up making them - Univac was one company but they've been bought and sold several times.

Anyway, search for "buckling spring keyboard" to see what you can find. They are nearly indestructible.

hang-the-9

Titan
I am looking for a mechanical keyboard that will last me at least 7 years. I have been through two mechanical keyboards that stopped working before they even hit the two year mark. One was a Razer and the other a Logitech...

For now I am using a Corsair rubber dome keyboard but its barely tolerable...
Razer are pretty well know for not lasting well. How long a keyboard lasts is a guess, in the decades I have used computers I don't remember one I had to dump because it failed (without outside factors like something spilling on it), only due to just replacing it for another one.

Leopold are good, along with Ducky as above, Varmilo, Filco. For cheaper stuff the Keychron, Durogood, Epomaker (and the various sub-brands like Ajazz and Kemove) are solid.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS